Thursday, August 13, 2009

How to Figure Out Your Locus of Control

Indicate the extent to which each of the following statements applies to you. Use the following scale.
1 = disagree strongly
2 = disagree
3= disagree slightly
4 = neither agree nor disagree
5 = agree slightly
6 = agree
7 = agree strongly

  1. When I get what I want, it's usually because I worked hard for it.
  2. When I make plans, I am almost certain to make them work.
  3. I prefer games involving some luck over games requiring pure skill.
  4. I can learn almost anything if I set my mind to it.
  5. My major accomplishments are entirely due to my hard work and ability.
  6. I usually don't set goals because I have a hard time following through on them.
  7. Competition discourages excellence.
  8. Often people get ahead just by being lucky.
  9. On any sort of exam or competition, I like to know how well I do relative to everyone else.
  10. It's pointless to keep working on something that's too difficult for me.
Reverse your answers for numbers 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 (1=7, 2=6, 3=5). The higher the score, the more your locus of control is.

No comments:

Post a Comment